Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First day of pre-fishing on Spanish River

The morning started with a little bit of fog and it was a little cool.  Launched the boat at about 8:30 am.  My heart skipped a few times as I headed down river due to the fact there was only 2 ft of water in some spots. I spent about 3 hours driving and checking out different areas.  I was targeting steep drops off the shorelines to deep holes.  Marked a lot of fish but not sure if they were walleye or not.  The spanish river has many species of fish.  Finally wet a line around 11:30 am and within minutes I had 7 lb walleye to the boat.  First thing that came to mind was that I am now jinxed for the tournament.   I quickly released the fish and moved to another spot.  I will share my tackle and bait tips after the tournament just in case someone is reading this blog that is in the tournament.  I ended up fishing for about 1.5 hrs total and caught 6 fish total without to much effort.  I got a nice 17 incher and the rest were 16 inchers.  Still many spots to try tomorrow.  Heading up river tomorrow and apparently there are some more shallow spots to be careful of.  Should be interesting.  Check back tomorrow night to see how I did.

2 comments: