Friday, January 6, 2012

Clam Outdoors making the Ice Fishing experience fun for the whole family!



Over the last couple of years I have been using Clam Outdoors products religiously for my Ice Fishing adventures.  These products have been clearly designed with the angler in mind and the weather conditions that can exist.  Ice Fishing for me has changed in many ways over the years.  I have a 6 yr daughter who likes to tag along with her Dad to try her hand at catching dinner.  It is very important to me that weather conditions don't necessarily dictate the level of fun we are going to experience on any given day. 



Currently I am using a pop up shelter called the "Summit Thermal" which is approximately 6 x 8 in dimension.  It packs up very nicely in a bag and fits nicely in most sleighs.  It litterally takes me 3-5 minutes to setup on the ice and is easy to move throughout the day.  In windy conditions, there is an anchor kit that comes with the shelter.  It has 48 sqft of fishable area so that 2-3 anglers can fish very comfortably.  The shelter is made entirely of a Thermal IceArmor fabric that provides an excellent insulation value with the ability to keep your shelter 30 degrees F warmer then your typical ice shelters.  I am heating my shelter with a small propane heater in intervals(careful some heaters require proper ventilation) throughout the day.  I would say 95% of the time I don't have my jacket on inside, too warm.  I have even slept on the ice overnight in this shelter with comfort.  No worries of the kids getting cold and really makes for an enjoyable day on the ice for all.




Clam makes many different types of shelters for all kinds of different applications.  They also have lots of great accessories that can enhance the shelter experience.  Check out Clam Outdoors at http://clamoutdoors.com/ to see how they can outfit you and your family.

Shane Turcotte

1 comment:

  1. Ice fishing is really a unique experience. It's not about finding the perfect fishing hole, it's about creating one.

    Click Here

    ReplyDelete